|Born||May 26, 1982|
|Other names||Monique, Briana Burke, Alexandra, Savannah Moore|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
Monique Alexander (born May 26, 1982) is an American pornographic actress, nude model, and 2017 AVN Hall of Fame inductee. Alexander has also been an advocate for free speech and sex education, and has appeared on Fox News and in a debate at Yale University addressing these topics. In addition to her pornographic work, she has had several cameo appearances in mainstream films and television shows.
Alexander began working in the adult industry as a stripper in Sacramento when she was 18 years old to supplement her daytime earnings as a receptionist. She appeared in several adult magazines with her first photo shoot being with Earl Miller. She started performing in adult films in 2001 beginning with a girl-girl scene in Hot Showers Number 2, and she became a contract girl for Sin City in that same year. In addition to a catalog of solely girl-girl hardcore work, she appeared in a handful of softcore erotic films produced by HBO and Cinemax such as Hotel Erotica, The Sex Spa, Sex House, and Voyeur: Inside Out.
Alexander was a contract girl for Vivid Entertainment from 2004 to 2009. After years of appearing only in girl-girl scenes, she began appearing in boy-girl scenes in 2005, including an interactive DVD and a feature role with Rocco Siffredi in Vivid's Lexie and Monique Love Rocco. She had her breasts augmented in December 2010. She was a Trophy Girl at the 2002 AVN Awards ceremony in Las Vegas.
Alexander was invited to the Fox News show Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld to discuss a nonpartisan study that found that abstinence-only programs for teens do not work, whereas safe sex education programming was highly successful. Alexander discussed what being a Vivid Girl meant to her as well as her preference for hands-on sex education, with the segment airing on November 10, 2007. On February 15, 2008, she and Ron Jeremy represented the industry in a debate at Yale University against pornography opponents Craig Gross (founder of the XXX Church) and Donnie Pauling, a former porn producer, and the debate was aired on ABC's Nightline.
In 2017, Alexander starred in a public service campaign encouraging parents to discuss sexual health education with their children, noting that children are likely to see pornography at some point in their childhood, and need to be informed that what is portrayed in pornography is an unrealistic representation of sexual behavior.
|2008||AVN Award||Best All-Girl Sex Scene||Sex & Violins||Won|
|2008||AVN Award||Best Group Sex Scene||Debbie Does Dallas... Again||Won|
|2009||AVN Award||Best Couples Sex Scene||Cry Wolf||Won|
|2011||AVN Award||Best All-Girl Couples Sex Scene||Meow!||Won|
|2017||AVN Award||AVN Hall of Fame||N/A||Won|
- "Monique Alexander". IAFD.
- "Vivid Signs Monique Alexander to Exclusive Deal". AVN. November 30, 2004. Retrieved January 5, 2017.
- "Class of 2017: The AVN Hall of Fame's Newest Inductees". AVN. Retrieved January 5, 2017.
- "Monique Alexander Joins Rising Star PR". AVN. August 27, 2009. Archived from the original on August 30, 2009. Retrieved February 18, 2010.
- Tony Farinella (January 21, 2008). "411 Movies Interview: Vivid's Monique Alexander". 411mania.com. Archived from the original on January 1, 2013. Retrieved January 21, 2008.
- Harden, Nathan (2012). Sex and God at Yale: Porn, Political Correctness, and a Good Education Gone Bad. Macmillan. p. 25. ISBN 978-1-250-013545.
- Matt Peri (April 28, 2002). "Monique Alexander Interview". AdultDVDEmpire.com. Archived from the original on October 13, 2007. Retrieved September 17, 2007.
- Voyeur: Inside Out on IMDb
- "Monique Alexander Now a Free Agent". XBIZ. August 4, 2009. Retrieved August 12, 2009.
- "Spider's Web". IMDb. July 16, 2008. Retrieved January 6, 2017.
- "Entourage". IMDb. July 18, 2004. Retrieved January 6, 2017.
- "Porn Stars Featured on HBO's 'Entourage'". AVN. Retrieved April 21, 2015.
- "Monique Alexander Garners Weekly XM Radio Gig". XBIZ. October 7, 2007. Archived from the original on August 20, 2012. Retrieved August 12, 2009.
- Crank: High Voltage on IMDb
- "The 50 porn stars turned movie stars". gamesradar.com. Archived from the original on January 6, 2017. Retrieved January 6, 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Monique Alexander Believes in Hands-On Sex Education". Adult Film Database. November 12, 2007.
- "Vivid Star Monique Alexander Appears on Fox News". XBIZ. Retrieved April 21, 2015.
- "Sex Week at Yale Schedules a ``Vivid Day with Appearances by Top Adult Stars and..." (Press release). New Haven, CT: Reuters. Vivid Entertainment. February 11, 2008. Archived from the original on March 5, 2008. Retrieved April 21, 2015.
- "Yale Grants Self One Week of Fun". thecrimson.com. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- "Why This Porn Star Wants Parents to Talk to Their Kids About Sex". Men's Health. June 6, 2017.
- "Porn star Monique Alexander warns parents to inform their kids about sex ... before she does". Toronto Sun. June 2, 2017.
- "Monique Alexander Gets March CHERI Cover". AVN. January 12, 2009. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- "2008 AVN Award Winners Announced". Archived from the original on April 4, 2008. Retrieved January 14, 2008.
- David Sullivan (January 11, 2009). "2009 AVN Award-Winners Announced". AVN.com. Retrieved January 11, 2009.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2011 AVN Awards". AVN.com. January 9, 2011. Retrieved January 9, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Monique Alexander.|